In-stock and shipping on the usual schedule posted above!
- DSS Profile by Signature Plastics
- ABS Double shot
- Kits for compatibility with most boards
- in the KLE kitting image attached the "spacebars" in the bottom 2 rows of the 40s and Ortho are in DSA profile R3
- Bars kit are DSA profile r3 besides Convex Centered 6U
- Ships in bags, no trays (in a RingerKeys mailing box)
- "Big" kits are for 60-100% boards
- "40s / Ortho" are for the 40% and sub-40% boards, ortholinear builds or boards that use the less conventional modifier sizes
- 1U blanks are sold individually
- R1 matches the F-Key row and the number row
- R3 matches the spacebar row and the Enter key row
I can't tell you how happy I am with how well these turned out. The trashcon mods look great in both kits.
Huge thank you to Evan for sharing his symbols with the community and a personal thank you inspiring me to turn the Lights Out from his kitting for DSS Neon Nights.
As a special "nod" to the 40s community, for whom the R1 DSS Lights Out was designed, and in collaboration with Mike of 40% Keyboards discord and Keyboard Arcade, we've added special novelties to the 40s Ortho kits including 40%, DN, and the TRASH keys!
Me last year:
"So, if you don't know by now, I still only use Black-on-black keycaps. I've developed a love of 40% boards and struggled to cover them with the available keycap set with my beloved color way."
"We kicked around the idea of our own keycap set run by RingerKeys with our in-stock style and thought this would be a budget option to start, covering only 40s allows for a smaller kitting option. Our own Pubicus and WindowDump built off of Evan's kitting of Neon Nights and, with some double checking of many popular 40s boards by myself, Lights Out was born.
We hope you enjoy it as much as I do."
...and just wow. So many of you do love it too. I've been asked by many if we would make Lights-Out for their boards. I made a QAZ kit, that was easy, only four more keys. A couple extra spacebars for my friends. I've even heard rumors about a few extra keys making it compatible for a m0ii0.
I've been asked to bring DSS-Lights Out to the larger boards with full sized modifiers. I've learned a lot more about kitting and had a lot of help from some amazing members of the community. Here's what we have for preliminary kitting in the photos.
What I'm asking from you now:
- Join the conversation at RingerKeys Discord!
- If you love DSS-Lights Out, build a great board and share your experience with the mechanical keyboard community and tag me! u/danringer u/RingerKeys